Long ago, IÂ had promised to share my second favorite chicken recipe with you. Finally, the time has come. For me, this is the best of all best chicken recipes. I don’t know exactly why this is something I can eat for a whole week. It may be just because I have used chicken thigh instead of breast or because of the tomato sauce that the chicken gets cooked in. Well, maybeÂ simply both.. Try it and let’s see what you can find out:)
- In a large and deep pan, put 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil and add 1 big finely chopped white onion. Saute the onion at medium-heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1 finely chopped green bell pepper and saute the pepper with the onion until tender.
- Add 2 table spoons of tomato paste, stir it and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Peel 3 big tomatoes and process them in a food processor or grade them using a hand grater. You may also use canned tomato sauce or pasta sauce; however, the first one is theÂ best. Add the tomato puree into the pan and stir all.
- In the mean time, wash and cut the chicken thighs into 2-inch cubes, transfer them into the pan.
- Cook the chicken for about 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is tender enough for you. Keep the lid closed or ajar as you cook it over at medium heat.
- Normally, if tomatoes are juicy, they should be enough for making chicken tender without adding water. Check the tenderness and add 1 cup of hot water if the tomato juice is absorbed and the chicken still needs cooking.
- Just five minutes before taking it off the stove, add all the spices and continue cooking.